Following are the handouts that have been provided to NJSHA from this year’s presenters. If the handout is not listed below, check the website on a later date, or the presenter may be providing the handout at the session.
Handouts are saved in Adobe Acrobat PDF Format. Please note that handouts may take a few moments to download based on the size of the handouts, graphics contained in the handout or speed of your internet connection.
Following are the handouts received by the presenters.
- Session 1 – Functional Therapy Approach for People With Dementia – UPDATED 4/29/21
- Session 2 – You Want to Work in Early Intervention? Know Your ABCs! – UPDATED 4/29/21
- Session 3 – Multicultural Considerations for SLPs in the School Setting – UPDATED 5/5/2021
- Session 4 – The Valuation of the Audiologist in a Evolving Healthcare Landscape
- Session 5 – Behavior Management Considerations With the Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Population
- Session 6- Words That Count! Coaching Families Through Book Sharing – UPDATED 4/29/21
- Session 7 – Let’s Talk About Microaggressions
- Session 8/12 – Stuttering, Cluttering, Atypical Disfluencies: Making Practical, Sound Decisions – Part 1 & 2
- Session 9 – Competition or Collaboration? Nurturing Intraprofessionalism Along the Continuum of Care
- Session 10 – The ABC’s of AAC: An Overview of Evaluation and Implementation
- Session 11 – Ask the Experts
- Session 13 – Treating Selective Mutism as a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Session 14 – Cognitive Components of Clinical Supervision in Speech-Language Pathology
- Session 15 – The Clinical World of a Voice Pathologist
- Session 17/21 – Maintaining Ethical Practice – Part 1 & 2
- Session 18 – Group Audiologic Rehabilitation, Then and Now
- Session 22 –Effect of Diabetes Mellitus on Speech, Language and Hearing
- Session 23 –NJSHA Student Connection: Honing Your Interviewing Skills
- Session 24/28 – Death and Dying: Exploring the SLP Role – Part 1 & 2– UPDATED 4/30/2021
- Session 25/29 – Improving Written Compositions One Sentence at a Time – Part 1 & 2
- Session 27 –Dialect vs. Disorder: Recognizing the Difference – UPDATED 5/4/2021
- Session 31-35 –Low Tech AAC Methodology: The Core Vocabulary Exchange System – Part 1 & 2 – NOTE: This handout to 70+ pages.
- Session 32 – So Much More Than Pitch: Treating Gender Diverse Clients
- Session 33 – Comprehension is Not a Strategy: Comprehension is the Outcome
- Session 36 – Successful Implementation of a Dysphagia Clinical Competency Program – UPDATED 4/28/21
- Session 37 – Fluency Plus: Managing Fluency Disorders in Pediatric Clients With Multiple Diagnoses
- Session 38 – Coding and Reimbursement: Practice Considerations for the Present and the Future