Continuing Education Information
- ASHA Certification 3.0 hours or 30 contact hours over a 3-year period. ASHA Frequently Asked Questions
- ACE Award, a formal recognition of professionals who have demonstrated their commitment to lifelong learning by earning 7.0 ASHA continuing education units (CEUs) (equivalent to 70 contact hours) within a 36-month period. Award for Continuing Education (ACE) Students may earn ACE Awards, but must fill out the ASHA CEU Participant form at the course and the ASHA CE Registry will e-mail the registrant a link to a form (Eligibility to Earn ASHA CEUs), where eligibility documentation (university name, degree name and expected graduation date) can be provided.
- New Jersey Department of Education Professional Development Hours, 20 hours annually with specific requirements as directed by state and local education agency. For more information visit: Professional Development in New Jersey and N.J.A.C. 6A:9C PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- New Jersey State Licensure, requires 20 hours of Continuing education hours be completed within the assigned 2-year period. Up to 5 additional CE hours may be carried over if earned 6 months prior to license renewal. For more information visit: New Jersey Licensing Requirements for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Committee
- New Jersey State Licensure requirements limit self-study and recorded internet-based continuing education to 10 hours per 2 year renewal period. For more information visit: Audiology and Speech Language Pathology Advisory Committee
Visit our Member Center to Access your NJSHA CE Registry
- NJSHA offers a plethora of live and recorded events annually. From more information visit our Webinars page.
- A participant may only accumulate 10 hours of recorded online learning toward licensure and certification.
- All pre-recorded events will count as non-interactive online learning.
- Annual Convention
- Annual Fall Conference
- NJSHA/NJIDA Annual Joint Conference
- Interprofessional Autism Conference (IPAC)
Co-Sponsorship of Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Activities
NJSHA will individually consider co-sponsorship of CEU activities that meet required guidelines.
Guidelines for ASHA Co-Sponsorship of Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Activities
Time Frame For Submitting ASHA CE Events. Activities must be received from a facility or an organization (not an individual) a minimum of 60 days prior to the event for adequate time to process. This change in the deadline submission date only applies to ASHA co-sponsored events.
Contact the NJSHA Office for details.
Do you have a suggestion for a Continuing Education event?
Email email@example.com with attention to CE Chair with presenter contact information and topic and NJSHA will explore the possibility!